Friday, February 24, 2006

Lily of the Valley Stole


Mom's Stole
Originally uploaded by invinciblegirl.
Pattern is this one (oh my god, I paid for a pattern).

Yarn is Copper Zephyr. (I used a little over two skeins, so it was pretty econonomical and I made it longer than the pattern said).

This was actually a really good experience from beginning to end for me. There are a few mistakes where I think I missed a YO somewhere, and then tried to fix it three rows later, in a daring bid of confidence that did not so much pay off (do not overestimate your skill level, grasshopper, but I will talk about that in another post). But nobody will notice, and if they do (mainly my mother, who I made this for), I will tell her to shove it as I spent hours and hours knitting thread.

The yarn is lovely, and my god, I can not wait to do another Fiddlesticks pattern because the instructions were gloriously easy to follow. I wish everyone wrote instructions like they do.

I still haven't sent this to my mom. It is sitting on my desk in my knitting room/office as I type this. Poor forlorn wrap.

No comments: